Blogrollin' ~ theatre notes

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Blogrollin'

Ms Procrastination has FINALLY updated the ol' blogroll. I can't claim it's comprehensive, but it's slightly more reflective of the stuff out there than it was. My first question is, what happened to Bardassa? There he/she was, promisingly rolling out reviews of Melbourne theatre, and then, like the Scarlet Pimpernel, he/she vanishes. That's cyberspace, I guess, but I hate to see people blinking off the Melbourne radar so, well, silently, especially when we've hardly begun.

I realise the links list is huge, but do check out the UK blogs The Arcades Project, The Notional Theatre and Pessimism of the Intellect. Theatre Forte is an indispensible US blog that aggregates theatre news (including, cheeringly, the Antipodes). More locally, Prima La Musica is a gorgeous blog about opera, and Certifiably Creative looks fun, and even has an R rating. (I have a feeling I did that rating test too, and demure little TN was also judged obscene...) Former Sydney-sider and now Melburnite Geoffrey Williams's blog The Art of Distraction is a gem and Sydney blogger Two Blue Fish is uploading reviews and commentary about all sorts of things. There are lots more blogs worth mentioning, but really you should click on over and surf your little hearts out.

UPDATE: So much for my googling skills/link detective work. Bardassa informs me that he's hard at work at On Stage Melbourne. And looking good, too. And Update 2: Danbye in the comments below recommends Persons Unknown. Which after a quick sniff reveals itself to be a cognac blog. Update 3: Oh, and Andrew Haydon's Postcards for the Gods too...

8 comments:

On Stage And Walls said...

I post my theatre rambles
at http://onstagemelbourne.blogspot.com/

PS congrats on the Australian gig

Alison Croggon said...

Brilliant. Thanks Bardassa - duly updated.

Lee Bemrose said...

Thanks for the link, Alison. Not sure what readers of this site are going to think of my efforts. I started the thing to amuse myself, it seems to amuse a few others, then I started adding my theatre reviews. I was going to split it into two blogs but think I'll leave it as is for now.

Congrats on The Australian gig. 400 words is 50 more than I get at Drum. Still short though, isn't it?

danbye said...

Likewise, thanks for the plug. I'm fairly new to this game, so the support is received with much gratitude. And keep up the good work! I look forward to the novel.

danbye said...

And for those of your readers interested in top-notch UK theatre blogs, http://www.unknownpersonsunknown.blogspot.com/ is also well worth a look.

Anonymous said...

I sorely miss Vlad's commentary at Cowboy Mouth. But then he did say (in his terrific wrap of 2006 theatre in Melbourne) that his theatre-going was increasingly at the expense of his own art...

And Daniel Schlusser's been dark for a month... hibernation maybe.

alexf said...

Thanks Dan and thank you Alison for the link and the kind words.

Andrew Haydon said...

Am touched by my late inclusion - like Alex said, we're all going to have to up our game pretty sharpish to justify it...