Art and its uses ~ theatre notes

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Art and its uses

I've a short speculation up at the Overland blog today which wonders about art, use and politics. All extremely difficult questions which, as regular readers here would know, are close to my heart.

It's part of the Subscriberthon that this excellent literary magazine is running this week. May I encourage you to take part and subscribe? You can even do it online here. You mightn't get free beer like Herald Sun readers, but the good people at Overland are offering a brace of great prizes, not to mention the regular occurence of one of Australia's finest lit journals in your post box. Plus I'm writing a column for them next year. Go on. You know you want to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't really have an opinion on the matter at the moment, but I stumbled across a speech that Stoppard gave a couple of years ago (well, it's actually a toast, I think) that you might find interesting:

http://www.standpointmag.co.uk/node/112

Nothing particularly revelatory, though.