Meme schmeme ~ theatre notes

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Meme schmeme

Isaac from Parabasis bravely tagged me for a blogging meme. I've been very beetle-browed this week, so the fancy takes me. But what is a blog meme, I hear you cry? It's a kind of Richard Dawkins-inspired virus, a pyramidal scheme that entails blogging details about oneself and then spreading the word assiduously, just as a rampant buck rabbit perpetuates his genes. If you peep beneath the fold, all will be revealed... Otherwise, well, just move on...

List 5 things that certain people (who are not deserving of being your friend anyway) may consider to be "totally lame," but you are, despite the possible stigma, totally proud of. Own it. Tag 5 others.

1. I played Baldur's Gate 1 on GameCube until my character had reached Level 40 and had amassed 40 million gold coins. Then I did the same with the other two characters.

2. I own (and wear) a dalmatian dressing gown with black spots and red piping.

3. When Dr Who is on, I try not to go out on Saturday nights. Those who drag me to the theatre on Saturday nights Know Who They Are. (Fortunately for all of us, season 3 has finished).

4. The only novelist I can read on long haul flights is Terry Pratchett.

5. When I buy a Tattslotto ticket I am always completely sure that this is the winner.

Who to tag? Nicholas Pickard, Matt Clayfield, Ben Ellis, Chris Boyd and Avi Lipski.

1 comment:

On Stage And Walls said...

La meme Croggin? Not quite the same ring as 'La Mome'

Interesting how someone like Gardiner is at the theatre every night as well as writing every day and getting into panels discussions and all sorts of things. Not to mention reading texts (Major US critics are given or expected to read the play or the musical score of a major production in advance or writing about it)

Six shows a day though!!!!I enjoy it so much but what state would your brain be in. Last week was Monday: MSO/Stephen Hough - Tuesday: Dickens’s Women - Wednesday: Australian Ballet/Nutcracker - Thursday: St Paul's Cathedral/Mozart 'Sparrow Mass' - Friday: [Afternoon] Richard Mills @ The National Academy of Music giving a talk on contemporary opera - Friday: [Evening] Dickens’s Women [again, 'cos I liked it] - Saturday: [Afternoon] Nutcracker [because Lisa Bolte was dancing, for possibly the last time before she retires from principal roles] - Saturday: [evening] Boston Marriage (I missed Dr Who - after watching it for like 30 years!). On Sunday I went to a movie and listened to some recordings of concerts from the Warsaw Festival of Contemporary Music.