Just a quick note... ~ theatre notes

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Just a quick note...

The first few days of the Melbourne Festival have been a time of maximum input, with no time for outputting (aside from Twitter, which exists, as you know, outside time). I've seen five MIAF shows so far, and will be logging my reviews in the next few days. But because the season is so short I wanted to tell you of my highlight so far: Stifter's Dinge, Heiner Goebbel's miraculous automaton, which leaps from the writings of the German Romantic writer Adalbert Stifter. It's on at the Malthouse, and there are several showings before it closes on Tuesday. I'd be running for tickets. No YouTube clip can tell you what it's like to be there: it's not like anything I have seen. And I can't stop thinking about it.

4 comments:

Chris Boyd said...

Same tally of shows, same (clear) highlight for me. :-)

richardwatts said...

Ditto - five shows down, Stifter's Dinge the best I've seen so far.

Alison Croggon said...

We sing in glorious harmony!

MadeleineFTim H said...

Us too.
Loved the orchestration of this show in sound.
Must stay home and finish ours now.