Laid low by lurgy ~ theatre notes

Thursday, June 04, 2009

Laid low by lurgy

Along with half the population of Williamstown, Ms TN has been struck by a nasty cold. No sign of trotters and snouts as yet, (though obviously, since I live in Plague City, it's only a matter of time) but it's definitely made action of any kind a bit difficult this week.

I have been thinking, through the fog, about Tracy Letts' August: Osage County. (The Australian review was in on Monday). I've been reading Sam Shepard and hemming and hawing about American drama. In short, my dears, Ms TN has been a dutiful and beetle-browed crrrritic in her own trousers all this week, but every two seconds her brains explode out of her ears and she has to begin all over again.

Speaking of which, the cartoon below has been doing the rounds for weeks, so I realise it's old news. But it still warms the cockles of my nasty heart.

No comments: