Stopgap ~ theatre notes

Monday, August 27, 2007

Stopgap

Little Ms Alison is a bit wan today: the last week has been full-on, and I've been out and about and missing my burrow. So I'm putting my feet up and Mrs Rabbit is making me some nice chamomile tea. In the meantime, let me point you to Villanus, performed by Vlad Mijic and co-authored with Rhys Auteri, which I saw at the Trades Hall last Thursday. It's well worth a look, as I briefly report in today's Australian. Hoping to say more later, when my ears are less rumpled.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If price is an issue, you can get discount tickets to "Villanus" here:

http://www.luckylast.com.au/store/index.php

I thought it was uneven, and that it dragged out in the latter stages. But "uneven" means both good and not-so-good, and there certainly were some good bits, e.g., I found a segment about Serbia quite moving. As well, I thought a segment about things "I was told." was very good, and it involved some unusual "self-mummification" which I doubt you would have seen anywhere else:-).